Default Registry Compare - Export Difference Neutralizer files in Regedit Format?

I do a lot of Registry vs. Registry comparisons. On occasion I have to write a file for Regedit's Import function that neutralizes the differences between two Registry exports.

It would be REALLY helpful if BC3's Registry Difference Report could also generate a RegEdit-compatible file that would automatically generate all the finicky key adds, deletes, and edits for me that would required to neutralize the difference between two Registry exports.

I thought that was going to be there with the "Edit - Export" option, but it is always greyed out no matter what I select.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310516

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. The Export command is designed to export from a live registry, not part of an already exported .reg file. If you have a .reg file opened, that would explain why the option is grayed out.

Creating a reg patch, so you could easily sync between two locations, is on our Wishlist.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

What about Offline Registry hives? Remote machines is over network to another Online Machine.

Lets say I have 2 Hard drives/ or Partitions on a Machine containing 2 instances of Windows (both offline) and I wish to use BC to compare/ edit / transfer information between them?

I can load offline ones using Regedit's Load Hive.. and going to \Windows\System32\Config\.. and pick System or other Hive files. But, would much prefer BC to Load and Compare.

Thanks for the workflow sample. I'll add these notes to our wishlist entry on the subject to help with design.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Thanks for the workflow sample. I'll add these notes to our wishlist entry on the subject to help with design.
    Thanks Aaron. I am guessing/ hoping this might be easier than over the network Registry Hive Access ? Do you think this "gate" to Reg Hive s might get added soon?

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to schedule it soon. We're pretty deep in current projects, aiming for a 4.2, which I must be ambiguous about
    Aaron P Scooter Software

yeah, i could also really need this feature.