X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • James Clark
    Journeyman
    • Oct 2007

Startup Delay

Startup in build 442 seems much slower than in previous releases. I even switched from full debug to optimised build to check, but still the same.

Actually, I think the problem is not that it's slower, but that it "seems" slower because the window isn't populated until the analysis is complete (i.e., until the "Stop Loading" button stops flashing), whereas before the comparison windows would be populated while this was still flashing.

I think the previous behaviour is much better, and I would have this as the default option (if it is switchable).

Is there an option to switch between both implementations? I couldn't find one.

(This is when diffing two files through SubVersion and Code Co-op.)
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

In the file comparison "Session Settings" dialog, switch to the "Alignment" tab and make sure the "Standard method" radio button is selected. It supports outputting the alignment as it's done, unlike the "Alternate method".
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Zoë
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Nevermind, I'm seeing it too. It looks like reading the file formats got slower; we cache part of them and at least on my system the slowdown doesn't occur if I already have a Cirrus window open.
      Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• James Clark
        Journeyman
        • Oct 2007

Thanks, Craig.

Comment

Working...