X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M.Still
    New User
    • Aug 2012

Excel Compare Issues

I need to compare a lot of excel files. The program finds every difference so far, whats nice. Now i would like to set some filters or something like that to ignore some of the differences.

#1 When somebody deleted an empty line in an excel file, the tool shows it as difference even though the files are identical when i watch them in excel.

#2 Is it possible to compare excel 2003 files with excel 2010 files? The files are identical when i watch them in excel, but due to the different versions the tool finds many differences.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the feedback. Let's see if I can answer these for you:

1) We can ignore and hide Columns, but any additional or deleted rows will always be treated as a difference. If there is a new row or missing row, you can hide it from view using the Display Filters, but there is not a way to mark the files in their entirety as equal.

2) Yes, you can compare 2003 to 2010. As long as their conversion to plain text is equal, the files should still show up as equal. What differences are you seeing? Would you be able to post or email us a pair of example files and a screenshot of the comparison? If you email us at [email protected], please include a link to this forum post for our reference.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...