X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IanVaughan
    Visitor
    • Jun 2009

Ignore single/double quote marks in HTML

How can I get BC3 to ignore differences of only '/" within HTML files?

eg, ignore :-
    left : <ul class="group">
    right : <ul class='group'>
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The mark the difference between ' and " only when they are aligned as unimportant, the method would be to use the BC3 Pro feature Text Replacements, in the Text Compare's Session menu, Replacements tab. Define two new replacements, " = ' and ' = " (both directions).

You can also add this as default Text Compare behavior in the Home screen, Edit session defaults folder, Text Compare, Replacements tab.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• IanVaughan
      Visitor
      • Jun 2009

Thats the ticket, it works!
      Thanks a lot.

See also http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...4026#post34026

Comment

• Noitidart
        New User
        • Jul 2016

Thank you all for this trick. I had an issue with it though. I was doing a folder compare, and all single quotes were replaced with double. So I used the trick mentioned above, so when i would open the different file, the text editor would show no differences. However there are so many other files. For now I went through them all manually, but is there a way so folder compare can see the single/double quote as same?

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello,

Yes, if double clicking opens and shows the file as equal because the defaults are pre-configured, then you can set the Folder Compare's Session menu -> Session Settings, Comparison tab: leave defaults Timestamp/Size/Override and also enable Rules-based comparison. This "double clicks" all of the files in the Folder Compare by running a rules-based scan.
          http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...ferentthensame

If the Text Compare requires altering settings when you double click to view, then we'll need to update your Text Compare default session settings. You can do this by double clicking one file, altering the settings in the child compare, but before clicking "Ok" on the Session Settings dialog, update the dropdown from "use only for this view" to either "use for all files in parent session" or "also update session defaults".
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...