X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hargobind
    New User
    • Jun 2012

Auto-expand to folder

I'm curious if there's any way to configure a folder comparison session so that it auto-expands to a subfolder within the base folder.

For example:
    Base folder = /Clients/ACME/Website/
    Auto-expand = /Clients/ACME/Website/files/includes/

My reasoning behind this is that I always want the Website folder at the base because I sometimes work with other folders under /Website/, but most often I want to jump directly into the /includes/ folder.

I know I can set up a separate session just for this, but that would be painful because I have over 20 different "Client" profiles already and don't want to have to set this up for each one.

Any help would be appreciated!!
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

One method I'd suggest for this is to set a File Name filter for the folder and save the session with that filter as the set default. Then lock the session so when you use the dropdown to switch to "*.*", it is not saved.

". \Clients\ACME\Website\files\includes\;-.\*.*"

You can right click the folder (includes), and Exclude it. Then change the filter to include it by removing the "-" at the front.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Herb987
      New User
      • May 2013

Expand All - but only folders w/ files

Hi

Here is a related question.

Is there a way to expand all folders but only where there are actually files that are to be shown?

I have a filter set to show only *.zip...
      I said expand all folders and there are mountains of folders to scroll through of which MOST of them are empty.

Is it possible to say expand all but only expand a tree to an existing file and if there is no file down there then don't expand?

See attached images.

In one i highlighted all the folders that did not need to be expanded but were expanded.

In the other i showed what it would have looked like had they not been expanded.

So from the root directory of the comparison....any folders directly off the root that have no files under them that could be shown....just dont expand those folders.

If there are files to be shown...ONLY expand what is necessary in order to show what is available (with respect to any filters set of course)

Thanks for reading.

Herb

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Yes, we have a Folder View mode button on the Toolbar and in the View menu for "Only Compare Files". In this mode, any empty folder (either literally size 0, or only filtered out items) would also be filtered out from view.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...