X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheBrenda
    Journeyman
    • May 2009

Compare - integration with TFS

I will try to explain. I have BC3 configured as as my TFS, Source Control, Compare tool. Got a new Win7, 64bit desktop. When I am in TFS and do a compare it works, only if the compare launches BC3. If BC3 is already open and the TFS compare will open another tab, then the TFS server file is not downloaded to my TFSTemp directory so the compare fails.

I believe that my Win7 BC3 setup is identical to my XP setup as I have printed steps to configure tfs and BC3 and I used for both machines. XP works, Win7 only works if the tfs compare launches BC3. Hum, Can I possibly setup BC3 to launch a new BC3 application instead of a tab? Inconvienant, but not as inconvienant as closing BC3.

TFS Compare Parameters
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BCompare.exe
    %1 %2 /title1=%6 /title2=%7

THanks
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

If you use BComp.exe instead of BCompare.exe, this should help. It will still open a new tab, but it should also show the diff instead of failing.

We have a KB article with detailed setup instructions, here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...?zz=kb_vcs#tfs

If you would like an entire new application and window, you can use the /solo parameter to force a new instance of BC3.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• TheBrenda
      Journeyman
      • May 2009

That fixed it. Out internal docs say to use bcomp.exe but i missed it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...