X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • molitar
    Journeyman
    • Mar 2011

Comparing zip files

I have folders with same zip files but when I compare it always shows as different no matter how I compare. If I double click zip file to open as a folder than select all the files manually and compare it will detect files as the same. Compare is not working for zip files at all.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Are you comparing a zip to a folder? Are they set as base folders or are they subfolders under the current base folders.

If the folder has the exact same name (including the .zip extension), the two items should align and will be aligned and compared. If the extension is missing, you will either need to:
    1) Set the two items as base folders to the items within align
    2) Rename the folder to have the extension
    3) Use the BC3 Pro feature Alignment Overrides, in the Session menu -> Session Settings, Misc tab to align * = *.zip and *.zip = *

If you are still having trouble, please post a full screen screenshot showing your issue here or email it to us at [email protected]

Please include a link to this forum thread for our reference if you email us.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• molitar
      Journeyman
      • Mar 2011

The zip files are 100% exactly the same name.. I downloaded many zips and was comparing older zips I had to the newer ones so I could delete the old ones but the files showed all different.

Asa made Jugyou Chu! - Vol.2 Ch.12 Is About a Brief Explanation.zip

same exact file on both sides but show different when I do a compare. The only way I can really compare is I have to double click on the zip file to make it open like a folder than it compares properly.

Comment

• molitar
        Journeyman
        • Mar 2011

Ok I have added 3 pictures.. one shows the initial comparison.. second shows comparison after opening and closing the zip and the third shows the comparison opened and compared to show the files are all the same.

Comment

• Chris
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

To show the files in your screen shots at matching, select "Session > Session Settings". In the Comparison tab, check "Compare Contents" and select "CRC Comparison". In the "Handling" tab's "Adrhive handling" section, select "As folders always".

This will make BC read inside zip files without requiring that you double click to expand them first. It will compare the CRC values that are stored inside zip files, so it will ignore timestamp differences for the files within the zip archives.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• molitar
            Journeyman
            • Mar 2011

Thanks that fixed the problem. I would of though the default sessions since I had never changed them would have already been set that way.. But now I can compare my zips just fine. Thanks

Comment

Working...