Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jof
    Enthusiast
    • Nov 2009

So I'm guessing that you won't be retrospectively implementing this feature into BC3, even when (IF) you implement it in BC4?
    Please tell me I'm wrong.

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hello,

That's hard to say. It would depend on the degree of difficulty in porting between the two versions. However, we'll implement it into BC4 first, as new features and development are concentrated on the latest major release.

Is the upgrade price your concern? Or have you run into other trouble with the BC4 beta for why you'd want to avoid it? It does have a variety of other new features, and you wouldn't need to upgrade until the features you need (Creation date) are actually implemented. Your BC3 license does not expire. If you are running into any trouble or have feedback, do let us know in the BC4 forum or email us at [email protected].
      http://www.scootersoftware.com/beta....beta4_whatsnew

Depending on when you purchased BC3, you would likely qualify for a discount (generally either half off, or free upgrade). You can follow this KB article to calculate the details:
      http://www.scootersoftware.com/shop....=upgradepolicy
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Borut
        Visitor
        • May 2012

Could you please be so kind to announce here the availability of this feature in BC4. Thank you.

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

For notifications, I recommend subscribing to the News and Announcements forum. We post new release information and summaries there, and the implementation of Creation or Created date would very likely be in that announcement.

I'll also make a note in our tracker entry on the subject to post here, but we might miss the notification in this thread.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• bcdewul
            Old Hand
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Aaron
            Creation Date and Folder timestamps is something we are planning on working in for BC4. We would very much like to share in more detail the list of things we are working on, but sometimes a project nears completion and then hits an unexpected hurdle that prevents us from releasing it. This has lead to disappointment in the past when we took this approach, so now we try to only share features we are certain will be included very soon or once they are ready for launch. I mentioned about Created Date here (http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...ad.php?t=12737) and linked to a forum post that goes into a bit more detail on our development schedule.
            Hi Aaron, another few months passed - cud you pls update us on the current status of this request?

As always, thanks!
            =

Comment

• Aaron
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

We have no announcements yet, but it's still on our todo list.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Coder1987
                New User
                • May 2014

Help

Guys - any way to find differences based on 'date modified' attribute of the windows files.

Comment

• Chris
                  Team Scooter
                  • Oct 2007

Coder1987,

Beyond Compare's default settings compare size and modified date of files. To change the comparison settings in Beyond Compare 3, select "Session > Session Settings" and go to the Comparison tab.
                  Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• redgum
                    Visitor
                    • Sep 2009

Did this feature make it into BC4?

Comment

• Chris
                      Team Scooter
                      • Oct 2007

Beyond Compare 4 for Windows supports preservation of file creation dates. This feature isn't on by default. To turn it on in the Folder Compare, select "Session > Session Settings" or click the Rules toolbar button (referee icon). Go to the Handling tab. Check "Copy creation dates".
                      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• jof
                        Enthusiast
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Chris
                        Beyond Compare 4 for Windows supports preservation of file creation dates. This feature isn't on by default. To turn it on in the Folder Compare, select "Session > Session Settings" or click the Rules toolbar button (referee icon). Go to the Handling tab. Check "Copy creation dates".
                        So could we have this in BC3 please?
                        We've waited a looooooooooong time.

Comment

• Aaron
                          Team Scooter
                          • Oct 2007

Hello,

There are many new features that are newly added for BC4. We've worked hard on the new enhancements that made it into BC4, many of which have been commonly requested for many years (such as MTP:// support). We may be able to back-port high profile fixes, but most new features are reserved for the next major release once it has been launched:
                          http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...z=kb_lifecycle

Many applications release more often than once every 6 years, and charge more money for each major version. We hope our BC3 changelog shows our support for your purchase and that the BC4 new feature list would demonstrate it is a worthy upgrade.

BC3 Changelog: http://www.scootersoftware.com/ChangeLog.txt
                          BC4: http://www.scootersoftware.com/featu...?zz=v4whatsnew
                          http://www.scootersoftware.com/downl...p?zz=v4betalog
                          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• TheSteven
                            Visitor
                            • Nov 2006

I would like to add my vote for an option to preserve folder date/time stamps when copying.

Comment

• jof
                              Enthusiast
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by TheSteven
                              I would like to add my vote for an option to preserve folder date/time stamps when copying.
                              This is when I would consider upgrading to BC4:
                              1) When BC can mirror a partition exactly, including file AND FOLDER modified and created timestamps.
                              2) It makes use of Windows Shadow Copy to copy open files.

Comment

• crashnburn
                                Enthusiast
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Chris
                                Great job Scooter & BC Team. Would it COPY/ CLONE the "Created, Modified & Accessed" dates? All three or two ( C & M)?

Seriously! ? When/ which build did this get added? Can anyone confirm using this?

Comment

Working...