Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Beyond Compare 4 for Windows supports preservation of file creation dates. This feature isn't on by default. To turn it on in the Folder Compare, select "Session > Session Settings" or click the Rules toolbar button (referee icon). Go to the Handling tab. Check "Copy creation dates".
    So could we have this in BC3 please?
    We've waited a looooooooooong time.

Hello,

There are many new features that are newly added for BC4. We've worked hard on the new enhancements that made it into BC4, many of which have been commonly requested for many years (such as MTP:// support). We may be able to back-port high profile fixes, but most new features are reserved for the next major release once it has been launched:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...z=kb_lifecycle

Many applications release more often than once every 6 years, and charge more money for each major version. We hope our BC3 changelog shows our support for your purchase and that the BC4 new feature list would demonstrate it is a worthy upgrade.

BC3 Changelog: http://www.scootersoftware.com/ChangeLog.txt
    BC4: http://www.scootersoftware.com/featu...?zz=v4whatsnew
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/downl...p?zz=v4betalog
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I would like to add my vote for an option to preserve folder date/time stamps when copying.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSteven View Post
    I would like to add my vote for an option to preserve folder date/time stamps when copying.
    This is when I would consider upgrading to BC4:
    1) When BC can mirror a partition exactly, including file AND FOLDER modified and created timestamps.
    2) It makes use of Windows Shadow Copy to copy open files.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Beyond Compare 4 for Windows supports preservation of file creation dates. This feature isn't on by default. To turn it on in the Folder Compare, select "Session > Session Settings" or click the Rules toolbar button (referee icon). Go to the Handling tab. Check "Copy creation dates".
    Great job Scooter & BC Team. Would it COPY/ CLONE the "Created, Modified & Accessed" dates? All three or two ( C & M)?

Seriously! ? When/ which build did this get added? Can anyone confirm using this?

Quote Originally Posted by crashnburn View Post
    Great job Scooter & BC Team. Would it COPY/ CLONE the "Created, Modified & Accessed" dates? All three or two ( C & M)?

Seriously! ? When/ which build did this get added? Can anyone confirm using this?
    It's in the base 4.0 build, but I would recommend using the latest minor build of BC4.x. The option is in the Folder Compare Session menu -> Session Settings, Handling tab to "Copy creation dates". Please note that this is only for files, not folders, and works during the Copy command. This option specifically controls Creation date, not Last Modified or Accessed. Last Modified is always attempted to be preserved, but this is under the control of the destination device. Last Accessed is not preserved.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I already moved a users home drive using Beyond Compare BC4 but didn't have the "copy creation dates" checked when I did it. Is there a way to transfer the creation dates after? Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, setting the Creation Date independently is not an option we currently support. You could re-copy the files with the Creation Date option enabled in the Session Settings, Handling tab. We have a Touch command for setting the Last Modified date, but it does not support editing the Creation date.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Unfortunately, setting the Creation Date independently is not an option we currently support. You could re-copy the files with the Creation Date option enabled in the Session Settings, Handling tab. We have a Touch command for setting the Last Modified date, but it does not support editing the Creation date.
    Thanks for the reply and the FYI on the Touch command!

Quote Originally Posted by ASRtech View Post
    I already moved a users home drive using Beyond Compare BC4 but didn't have the "copy creation dates" checked when I did it. Is there a way to transfer the creation dates after? Any suggestions?
    Microsoft RichCopy - It does both. I typically use a combination of TeraCopy 2.12 followed by a few iterations of RichCopy and I get all the C & M dates for Files & Folders. There is a "create folders" & "do not copy files" option in RC that only recreates folders with same C & M dates.

So, I am excited to see how well BC 4.x performs on this.