• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lst1108
    Visitor
    • Mar 2012

I don't know how to set the session type in the scripts

Hi,
    I want to use the script to do data compare, and I do not know how.
    How to compare many pairs of files in data compare type using scripts?
    I am a newer. Thanks a lot.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Unfortunately, loading a data compare session is not currently supported in BC3. Only the Folder Compare can use the load command.

If you can use default session settings, you can simply generate a data-report by giving it two file names. You script would look similar to:
    data-report layout:side-by-side output-to:"c:\bcreport.html" output-options:html-color "c:\file1.csv" "c:\file2.csv"

If you need to load specific session settings, you would need a more complicated script that is setup to load a saved Folder Compare with specific child settings already set. To setup this saved session, you need to use the graphical interface to load a folder compare, set the file name filter to show only your pair of files, double click them and change the session settings, but in the Session Setting dialog change the lower left drop down from "use for this view only" to "use for all files in parent session". Then re-save the Folder Compare.

Now, if you load this graphical session, and double click your files, it should automatically load with your previously set child session settings. Let us know when you get to this step and we can help with the script to automate a report of this file pair.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• lst1108
      Visitor
      • Mar 2012

Hello Aaron,
      Thanks for the advice. I use the script to automate a data compare report of two folders.
      Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...