X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • centic
    Visitor
    • Mar 2012

AltGr in Linux on a German keyboard does not work

Whenever I try to enter one of the special characters that are available on a German keyboard, e.g. the @, which require the AltGr key, beyond compare wants to close or throw away the changes instead!

Can I reconfigure keyboard-settings to make AltGr work?

Thanks... Dominik.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

We had one other similar report to this. In that case, it turned out the user had a corrupt Workspace saved in the Sessions menu -> Load Workspace, Manage Workspaces. For some reason the corrupt workspace was catching a similar key combination as its "Load" hotkey. Do you have one here that you can delete?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• centic
      Visitor
      • Mar 2012

Hi,
      there is nothing in the Load Workspace-Manage Workspace dialog, all fields and lists are empty.

I have tested a bit further and found the following: In FileCompare, If there are no changes, the AltGr key opens the file in an external editor.

After I saw this, I looked at my "open with" configurations. No Key-Combination was set for my "open with editor" command there, however after I set some key-combination, I can now use AltGr as expected, so the empty shortcut-setting in the "open with" settings caused this in my case.

Thanks... Dominik.

Comment

Working...