X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buddman
    New User
    • Mar 2012

Feature request: Remember Data column sets

It would be very useful if I could define Data column comparison rules (i.e. identifying key columns, unimportant columns, etc.), along with whether the rows should be sorted and save them off for future use just like a Format definition. A lot of my Excel and CSV files use standard column definitions, so it would be nice to be able to customize the settings once and then select them from a dropdown list the next time I compare files with the same data columns. Even better would be if Beyond Compare would auto-detect any existing saved settings based on the column names.

Also, I'd love to see a toggle setting that would provide the option to map all columns by name, regardless of the column order within the file.

Thanks,
    Paul
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the feedback. I'll add these requests to our Customer Wishlist. In the meantime, if you save a blank Data Compare session with a specific column configuration, you can load the session and then drag-n-drop your files into the panes to apply specific settings. You can "lock" the blank session to prevent accidental edits when opening different pairs of files with it.

We do not currently support selecting the session after opening the pair of files; you'll need to open the blank session first.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• sku11monkey
      New User
      • Jul 2013

Not to resurrect a dead an old thread, but I would love to see this feature as well.

Comment

Working...