Can "Next Difference" ignore unimportant differences?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gadair
    Visitor
    • Feb 2012

Can "Next Difference" ignore unimportant differences?

While in "Ignore unimportant differences" mode, "Next Difference ctrl+shift+N" goes to the next difference, not the next unimportant difference. Is there a setting somewhere I can set so that "Next Difference" will go to the next unimportant difference while in "Ignore unimportant differences" mode?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

When you enable "Ignore Unimportant Differences", all blue unimportant difference sections become marked as black text and are treated as if they are equal text. The Next Difference command will then skip over these sections.

If you disable "Ignore Unimportant Differences", then they will appear as blue differences, and the Next Difference command will go to them and red Important differences.

Could you go into more detail on how you need "Ignore Unimportant" Enabled, but also want to see/find them? One of the main uses of the toggle is to ignore Unimportant/blue differences, and not hit them when going to Next Difference.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• gadair
      Visitor
      • Feb 2012

I have this..
      2012-02-13 13:21:23

comparing to this...
      [1-2][0-9][0-9][0-9][/-][0-1][0-9][/-][0-3][0-9] [0-2][0-9]:[0-5][0-9]:[0-5][0-9]

I have the regex date time defined regex grammar, and that in the settings i unchecked that grammar in the importance tab. I have the "ignore unimportant differences selected, so they show as black in the compare.. However, when when editing in the bottom section where the lines are presented vertically aligned, and I press ctrl-shift-N it will stop on these differences. In fact it stops several times. The second image marks in red every spot that is stops.

BC adds spaces for alignment, and lines them out to indicate they aren't actually spaces. Prehaps there is a setting that I am missing to skip over the lined out spaces?

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Would it be possible to send your current Support.zip (Help menu -> Support; Export) to [email protected] with a link back to this forum post? That way we can load up your current comparison and see exactly what is going on and how you have defined your grammar elements. I could use the two lines above as a pair of examples, or you could also include additional example files.

Thanks. Let us know if you have any questions.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• gadair
          Visitor
          • Feb 2012

Sent! thx!

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Thanks for the example files. It looks like you may have found a bug in this behavior, and we opened a tracker entry to investigate. Thanks for taking the time to follow up with us with the example files.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...