Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm having the same problem using the regular version of beyond compare and excel 2010 64-bit.

Hello emelie,

Would you be able to send in a pair of sample files into support@scootersoftware.com ? Please include a link to this forum thread and your BCSupport.zip (Help menu -> Support; Export).

To clarify, you are seeing the empty file created on the command line? Are you able to open your file in Excel and perform a Save As into a text based format?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Hello pml,

Similarly, have you had a chance to try the conversion from the command line? If you are still having trouble, please email us at support@scootersoftware.com :
    1) BCsupport.zip (Help menu -> Support; Export)
    2) Pair of sample files
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Hey Aaron,

is there any update to this issue?
    We already exchanged mails about this. Were my samples helpful in finding out what's wrong?

Thanks very much - I appreciate your help!

Hello Emelie,

Searching through our email records, I found our email conversation but it does not include sample files. Instead, it looks like when you tried a normal installation of BC3 the conversion began to work for you.

I had a few theories about this I mentioned in an email, such as the Portable Install's path may have been too long, in a location that does not allow vb script, or that trying an absolute path might help. Did you ever get a chance to try a Portable Install to your user's Desktop to see if that would work?

"External Conversion Error" is a generic error message that can be caused by a large variety of factors. The best test is to run the external conversion (as defined in the File Format's Conversion tab) from the command line, given a sample file and text output. This conversion must work from the command line in order for it to work in Beyond Compare 3.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Hello Aaron,

we exchanged mails on May 8 and 9 and moved along a little bit in our conversation. The portable vs regular installation can be ruled out as a cause (see our exchange on the first page on this thread).

To quote from your last reply after you received my sample files (see our message earlier in this thread):
    >Thanks for the extra information. I'm having a bit of trouble with these files and
    >our VBA conversion as well. I'll open a tracker entry to investigate this.
    >Thanks for the sample files.

Would be great if you could check again!
    Last edited by emelie; 25-Jun-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Thanks for the update. I see that you emailed us from two different email accounts; I found a previous email chain for this forum post from you with the subject "XLSM VBA Comparison". The email chain you are referring to was from a different address that I did not find in my initial search. Thanks for the heads up and I'll look into it now.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Oh I didn't realize that - thanks for looking into this!

Hello,

We've updated our Excel and Word VBA formats, along with new instructions for enabling "Trust access to the VBA project object model". In Excel 2007, this is found in:

Excel Options, Trust Center, Trust Center Settings, Macro Settings, "Trust access to the VBA project object model"

http://www.scootersoftware.com/downl...oreformats_alt
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Hey Aaron, thanks again for looking at this! I just tried it and it works!
    Will let you know when I see something out of the ordinary - thanks again!