Default Folder compare, filter sub-folders

Hello,

I am having a problem using the folder compare function, with filtering.

I have a directory called "Reports." In this directory I have sub directories. In these sub-directories I have directories called "2011."

I would like to only reconcile directories with the name "2011," but do so at any point in the directory tree, not just the root level

Is this possible with Beyond Compare 3? If so, how?

Thanks,

Matt

Yes, use the filter "...\2011\". The "...\" prefix means include a folder at any depth in the tree named 2011.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Thanks Chris. This is perfect.

It had some trouble scanning all the folders, so I simply chose Edit> Expand All.

All set.

Thanks,

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yes, use the filter "...\2011". The "..." prefix means include a folder at any depth in the tree named 2011.
    This is super useful, also works on Mac (just use forward slashes). Surprised it isn't in the docs! https://www.scootersoftware.com/v4he..._the_view.html

Hello,

It is. It's in the File Masks article (under Settings Reference, Session Settings, Folder Compare, Name Filters). If you are in the Session Settings, Name Filters tab, you can click the context '?' Help button (next to the 'X' Close button) to go directly to the article.
    Aaron P Scooter Software