X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mnofsing
    New User
    • Nov 2011

Copyto empty folder

Hi, I'm trying to copy some files from a folder with multiple levels of subfolders. I'm excluding some of the files/folders. When I run my script, I don't get any errors, but none of my files are moved . What I'm currently running is:

log normal "C:\Users\mln\Documents\Sonicision\Data Archiver\Beyond Compare\CopyLog.txt"
    load <default>
    filter "-*log*.txt;-In Process\"
    load "C:\Sonicision Functional Test" "C:\Users\mln\Desktop\ResultingFiles"
    expand all
    select left.all
    copyto rt path:base "C:\Users\mln\Desktop\ResultingFiles"

THANKS!
  • mnofsing
    New User
    • Nov 2011

Copyto not copying any files

Hi, I'm new to Beyond Compare. I'm trying to write a script to copy a folder with all files contained in subfolders. The destination is a empty folder with may or may not mirror the folder structure of the source folder. My script runs without any errors, but no files are copied . Any help would be appreciated! My script:

# Turn logging on
    log verbose "C:\Users\mln\Documents\Sonicision\Data Archiver\Beyond Compare\CopyLog.txt"
    # Load the base folders

# Copy different files left to right, delete orphans on right
    expand all
    select left.newer left.diff
    copyto path:base "C:\Users\mln\Desktop\ResultingFiles"

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hello,

The first thing to test would be to boot up the graphical interface, load a Folder Compare and load your two folders on the left and right side. Then copy and paste:
      -*log*.txt;-In Process\
      (without quotes)
      Into the Filters dropdown box in the upper right corner of the screen, which defaults to *.*

This will allow you to see what items are then visible and interactive with your script.

The script itself, you seem to be tweaking, but has the generally right idea. The filter command should be before the load command for optimization (load will then be faster):

Code:
      log normal "C:\Users\mln\Documents\Sonicision\Data Archiver\Beyond Compare\CopyLog.txt"
      load <default>
      expand all
      select left.all
      copyto path:base "C:\TempTestDir\"
      Once this is working (and you are copying the files you expect from left to a 3rd temp destination by altering the select command), you can change the copyto command to copy left->right
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...