Script to automate data sync of multiple PC file systems onto one Central PC w/USB

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tla45
    Visitor
    • Nov 2011

Script to automate data sync of multiple PC file systems onto one Central PC w/USB

I have a task to automate the routine of taking data files from multiple PCs and importing the data onto a central PC data server using a USB drive (unfortunately no networking/ftp is allowed). The files are very large so all will not fit onto the USB drive. I am trying to figure out a way to write a script that will keep track of files that have been copied/sync'd (ie a master text file with the files names) so that the script knows what data has not been imported yet. Is there a way to do this with BC3? I've been trying various ways such as using a snapshot or a zip file list, however this gets to be too large to reside on a USB drive. Is there a function that will record the filename to a text list? Thanks!
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

In the graphical interface, you can use the Edit menu -> Expand All, Select All Files, and right click the selection and Copy Filename. Paste for a plain text list.

Alternatively, you can generate a Folder Report in txt or html.

I would be surprised about the snapshot size. How large is it becoming? Are you including additional information such as CRC codes and version info, or did you disable those options?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...