Post Take Both (Ctrl-B)

In the left pane, Ctrl+B is associated with "Take Left Then Right".
    In the right pane, wouldn't it make sense to have Ctrl+B "Take Right Then Left"?

Michael,

You should assign a shortcut to "Take Right Then Left". In the next release, we will have the default for it be [Shift+Ctrl+B].
    Erik Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    In the next release, we will have the default for it be [Shift+Ctrl+B].
    I would much prefer that Ctrl+B take the active pane first, then the other. And the Shift+Ctrl+B take the inactive pane first, then the other.

However, I do understand that it might be confusing if someone is not aware of which pane is active, or if the center pane is active... so I'll bow to your decision on how to handle it. Thanks.

Thanks, Michael. I liked your suggestion also, until we discussed focus on the output pane, where the two distinct commands might be useful.
    Tim T Scooter Software

Default How does 'take right then left' work?

I have a 3-way compare with a conflict line (2 separate edits) and I'd like to use both edits (i.e. both edits added text to the original line). When I am on the conflicted line and select 'take right then left', an empty line is inserted above the original in the center and left panes and after the original line in the right pane. Also, the output pane ends up with two lines (first the right pane copy, then the left pane copy). I take it this feature merges both the left and right lines (or sections?) into the output (one after the other)? Is it possible to merge both edits into the same line (this is what I was expecting)?

Hi Scot,

There isn't a command that will merge the left and right lines into a single line. "Take Left then Right" and "Take Right then Left" will merge the left and right sides into the output as separate lines.

You'll have to manually edit the output to make the two lines a single line.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Hi Scot,

There isn't a command that will merge the left and right lines into a single line. "Take Left then Right" and "Take Right then Left" will merge the left and right sides into the output as separate lines.

You'll have to manually edit the output to make the two lines a single line.
    really old thread but I thought I'd add:

would be nice if you could do this action by clicking the arrows. Maybe ctrl+click on the "left arrow" means left then right and ctril+click on the right arrow means right then left.

Thanks for the suggestion to improve the GUI. I'll add it to our Customer Wishlist.
    Aaron P Scooter Software