• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amolago
    Visitor
    • Jun 2010

Picture report success/failure plus diff image

Hi all,

I'm trying to compare a lot of images. So I'm parsing all the directories and calling BC to produce a PICTURE-REPORT.

What I want to do is to ascertain whether the images match and if not copy the .\BCImages\diff0.png image away to another folder and carry on.

The problem is using the script:
    picture-report layout:side-by-side output-to:%3 output-options:html-color %1 %2
    1. BC does not appear to return an exit code for image compere;
    2. side-by-side does not actually return whether the image is different or not;
    3. summary does report differences, but does not produce the diff image.

The upshot is that I have to run BC twice for the failing images which is taking up extra time I feel should not really be necessary.

Is there anything I can do? Have I missed an option somewhere?

If not, can I request BC is enhanced to in some way return both same/diff output/exit code and the diff image?

Thanks
    Chris
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

BC3 can handle this scenario by running a script that loads a Folder Comparison, running a rules-based criteria, and then selecting only the different files to generate a report with.

You can test this workflow in the graphical interface first by,
    Loading a pair of folders in the Folder Compare
    Set criteria to Rules-based
    Edit menu -> Expand All
    Display Filter set to Show Differences
    Select All Files
    Actions menu -> File Comparison Report

Is this the type of report you would like to generate from script?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• amolago
      Visitor
      • Jun 2010

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the response.

I've been able to get the script working and am currently testing it out, all looking great so far.

My only question is, is this still comparing the different images twice?

It seems that simply adding the result to the side-by-side report would still be a batter option!?

Cheers
      Chris

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

While the command is loading a pair of folders based on criteria and then generating the report, it isn't performing the entire process from scratch the second time. If these were text reports, there would be very little gain from tweaking the current behavior. The Picture Report is a special case and does take a bit longer, but having the single report command called on each file would take even longer due to the overhead of loading BC3 each time the script is called for each file.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...