X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tamothy666
    New User
    • Aug 2011

Unable to create Folder comparison report

Hi, I'm attempting to create a folder comparison report showing all files (approximately 100,000) given your comparison maxims this should be a relatively easy number to break down. When attempting to save as anything I am getting an "A call to an OS function call failed" error. The machine in question is 2008R2, 12 core 2.8GHz Xeon with 36GB of memory, comparison report is for both directly attached storage and network drives (attempting to produce reports of a data migration) I would like to know how to go about troubleshooting/generating these reports.

They do appear to be getting created however I would rather that they were created without errors (and I couldn't say I know enough to say whether they are complete or not)
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Which Folder Compare report are you generating? Side-By-Side, Summary, etc.
    To clarify, you are generating a Folder Compare report, and not a File Compare Report on a selection from the Folder Compare, correct?

Is your Folder Compare Report showing the CRC column or any other columns besides Size and Timestamp? If so, if you do a simple report (side by side) to plain text output, and turn off all columns, does this also generate the error message?

Would if be possible to get the current log that also shows the error? You can email it to us at [email protected]. If you email us, please include a link back to this forum post for our reference.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...