• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gcrombie
    New User
    • Jun 2011

Report "title" in script overridden by last report in BC IDE

Using BC3 - 3.2.4 build 13298 under Windows XP

When you use the "title" option in a script it will use the last title from a report ran in the Beyond Compare IDE instead of what you have in your script in the "Folder Report". You have to go into the IDE and clear the text from the last report ran and then it will work.

In the file-report it exhibits the same behaviour but will ignore whats in the script "title" option completly if the last IDE entry is blank and simply enter "Text Compare" as the title.

Example script entry for report.

folder-report layout:side-by-side title:"My Report" options:display-all output-to:%3 output-options:html-color
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

I just re-tested this quick in BC3.2.4 and the 3.3.0 beta in Win XP and I am not seeing the same behavior as you. Generating a report in the GUI with a defined name and in script with a defined name worked as expected.

Are you running your script from the command line as the same Windows User that is using the GUI? Settings are stored per Windows User account, though this would not account for the script title not used in the generated report.

Would you be able to email us your current Support package (Help menu -> Support; Export) to [email protected] ? Please include a link back to this forum post and a sample script file as an attachment. The above script example throws an error with title: declared before options:.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...