X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rgjordan
    Enthusiast
    • Oct 2007

Feature Request

With cirrus, I see myself possibly switching using bc3 as a primary text editor since the new version allows free-form editing. I currently using edit pad pro.

When editing a single file (not a comparison)...
    I would like the option to turn of the vertical line marking the 80th column. It's a distraction to me.

I would like like bc to not default to highlighting the text to pink/red when I only have a single file ope(not a comparison). I've found I can click View--> Ignored to turn this off.

A search results highlighter would also be nice like you have in the firefox browser. i.e. a check box to highlight all occurrences of a search pattern.

Thanks,

Rob
  • Tim
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks, Rob. We are considering a "single file" editor mode that shuts down all the comparison stuff in some future release. I rather doubt that it would have its own independent setting for the vertical line drawing, but you can turn it off by setting Tools | Options | Text | Display | "Show column line at" to zero.

We'll consider your suggestion for highlighting search results, although it's not something we'll be able to look into soon.
    Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Oct 2007

Why wait?

Originally posted by Tim
      Thanks, Rob. We are considering a "single file" editor mode that shuts down all the comparison stuff in some future release.
      Why wait? Don't worry about the comparison stuff. For now, just open the same file on both sides of a text compare then hide one side. Close the hidden side when the user closes the viewable side. This would work great until you have the time to redo it the way you are envisioning...a whole lot of bang for a relatively small amount of effort.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

Working...