does Beyond Compare supports HP QTP automation tool?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • axay123
    New User
    • Mar 2011

Hi,

does it recognise all the objects of Beyond compare?

If yes,
    pl give the details about all the plug-ins required for Beyond Software.

Thanks in advance,
    axay123
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

If you're referring to Quick Test Professional, Beyond Compare doesn't have any built in support for it. We've never tried using Beyond Compare with QTP.

Beyond Compare is written in Delphi, so if you have a setting in QTP specific to automating Delphi applications that might be worth trying.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• bc_for_life
      Journeyman
      • Jul 2010

(1) Indeed, Quick Test Professional (Mercury Interactive, HP, ... new name) does store Tests in some kind of format.

(2) Now, if somebody would post an example of this kind of file
      ... it may "be difference-able", and merge-able , by BC.

(3) Their format may resemble XML or some other common format, and a specific plugin may not be needed.

(4) "axay123",
      can you run the "file" command on the output of QTP , and otherwise share with is the nature of these files ?

Comment

• raman25
        Visitor
        • Apr 2011

Request for QTP Automation

Hi . I am trying to automate beyond compare tool, i tried adding delphi plugin but i am not able to recognize object exactly, so i am tried searching in google and i found people saying compile the code and place it in QTP folder and try to automate as we automate Flex part. i am in need of help from your scooter team to help me out in Automating your tool.Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello,

We do not have QTP available in office to test with. If you are having trouble, I would recommend using Beyond Compare scripting to automate your task. BC Scripting can be run from a command line and run a series of commands/perform a set of steps from a Script.txt file. Documentation can be found in the BC3 Help under the Scripting Reference section and the Using Beyond Comapre -> Automating with Script section. The command line is Bcompare.exe "@c:\script.txt" and can be run from a .bat file or any automated tool that can call a command line.

If you would like, please contact HP support for QTP support and let them know we have a fully functional, free trial they can download and test with.
          http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php
          If they would like to contact us (here on the forum, or by email at [email protected]) with any questions, please also include a link to this forum post for reference.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...