X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

Filter files differently on the Left and Right

I would like to be able to filter files differently on the left and right sides of a folder compare. Please add to the customer wish list (if it is not there already) the ability for the Folder Compare -> Session Settings -> Name Filters dialog to be updated to allow a user to filter filenames differently on the left than on the right.

Just one example of why this would be useful:

Sometimes, I want to set up alignment overrides to compare different files within the same folder. I would like to load the same folder into both sides of the compare then filter out one set of the files on the left and the other set of files on the right...then create an alignment override to compare the two sets of files.

Without being able to specify different name filters on both sides of the compare, you can't easily filter out the same file names on one side without making them disappear from the other side. If you don't filter out the files, then the same file being present on both sides aligns instead of allowing the alignment override to work with the files I really want to compare.

By the posts I've read in the forums over the years, I know that there are others that would benefit from this too.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

It is already on our Customer Wishlist, related to this earlier entry:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...ead.php?t=7249

I've updated it with this additional summary/example.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• buggers
      Journeyman
      • Dec 2008

Related to this..
      It would be helpful to be able to specify (individually for each side) filters for files that are ignored for the purposes of directory comparison, but still displayed.

Comment

Working...