X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andthepharaohs
    Visitor
    • Feb 2011

3.2.4 Base folder being reset

I installed 3.2.4 earlier today and am using it to compare two directories over SFTP. Sometimes when I set a new base folder on the left side, the right side is reset to a [great-*n]-grandparent of where I was. This is not an advantage!
    Last edited by Aaron; 11-Feb-2011, 11:36 AM. Reason: removing support.zip
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

What method are you using to set the new base folder on the left when the folder depth on the right side changes?
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• andthepharaohs
      Visitor
      • Feb 2011

I select the directory, right click and Set Base Folder - as I've done for yonks with no problems.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Could you please enable debug messaging and email us a copy of your log when this occurs? You can output your log to a text file by right-clicking in the green log pane at the bottom of the Folder Compare screen and selecting to Save to File.

To enable debug messaging, please go to the Tweaks dialog (Ctrl+Shift+T), the Folder Views tab, and select "Include debug messages in log."

When you email us at [email protected] please also include a link back to this forum post for reference. If you would like, please include your BCSupport.zip in the email.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• andthepharaohs
          Visitor
          • Feb 2011

Thanks - will do that, but it hasn't happened today, so I may noe be responding immediately.

Comment

Working...