X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • think1stsolutions
    New User
    • Feb 2011

More than 1 Tab File Comparison

I love Beyond Compare 3. It is a great tool, but there is one thing that annoys me.

I use BC3, integrated with MS VS2005. I use Team Foundation Server as my source control. Frequently I will run a history command on a file, then select 2 versions of a file and Compare them. It works great the 1st attempt, If I leave BC up showing the 2 versions being compared, then go back into my VS and select another 2 versions of the file and Compare these, a new tab is created in BC, but there is an error shown on the file paths at the top of the tab. The error says "File Not Found" and the path is something like "C:\documents and Settings\[logged in user]\local Settings\Temp\tfsTemp\[filename];C11117.cs. The File Not Found error shows for both files and the diff areas are blank.

I go to that folder and see that there is no file "[filename];C11117.cs", so maybe this is not a BC error, but it definitely is a problem. Seems like it fails to pull down the version selected in VS into the Temp folder.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Mike
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

How is BC3 currently configured for TFS? Are you using BComp.exe instead of BCompare.exe?
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_vcs
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• think1stsolutions
      New User
      • Feb 2011

BComp is the fix

I tried to pull this post or at least let everyone know I found the solution.

That definitely fixed the issue.

Thanks for the response.

I am a happy camper now.

Comment

Working...