• Show
Clear All
  • Hans
    New User
    • Jan 2011

wildcard in an ftp session

Hej!

I try the following in a script:
    load sftp://[email protected]/deployment/last-hm/server/lib/runtime/int/hm-csm-1.21.*-SNAPSHOT.jar sftp://[email protected]/deployment/hm/server/lib/runtime/int/hm-csm-1.21.*-SNAPSHOT.jar

So, I want to compare the content of two .jar files in two different deployment folders (last-hm, hm) on the same machine. I want to access the server, the deployments do live on, from my local machine. As the minor version of the .jar files change from deployment to deployment, I need the wildcard (*) to do the comparison "automatically". The comparison works perfectly even with the wildcards, when I load the two .jar-files in different folders of my local machine.
    Everything nice and peachy with the comparison via ftp on the remote machine, when I use concrete file names and skip the wildcard.
    But as soon as I try the comparison remotely using wildcards, the .jar-files are not found...

Do I make a mistake or is "no wildcard in ftp sessions" a limitation of BC?

Would be great, if you could help.

/Hans
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hi Hans,

There's actually a "No wildcards in *any* sessions" limitation in BC. What you're seeing for local paths is just a side effect of the way we handle the path parsing and not an explicit feature. I'll add supporting this explicitly to the feature request list. For now there's not a good workaround within BC.

About the only manual workaround I can think of would be to use BC to load the two parent folders, then generate a folder-report, parse out the filenames from the report, and launch BC a second time with the correct names.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Hans
      New User
      • Jan 2011

Hej Craig!

Thx for your response.

Is there a way to subscribe for a notification, when this feature is available?

BR

/Hans

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

You can subscribe to our News and Announcements forum, where we announce all new versions, summarize new features, and post links to our changelog for each release.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...