X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grimicus
    Visitor
    • Jan 2011

p4win with bc3 'merge' weirdness

I keep having this strange problem with p4win which used to work fine. Whenever I have a bc session already running and I diff from p4win, a new tab opens up in my existing bc window as I expect. However, once I do a merge, it opens up a new tab but also opens up a new bc window for the same merge. Regardless of which window I use to finish up the merge, after that p4win will always open diffs and merges in a new window. This is mildly frustrating, so if anyone has any idea how I can make this stop happening, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I am on windows 7 home premium 64bit. p4win/p4 is latest as well as latest bc3.

The only other information I can think of is that I used to allow the quick compare dialog to open up but I've since disabled it. Could this be the reason?

Thanks!
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Are you currently using BCompare.exe or BComp.exe for your p4win definition?
    You will want to define it was BComp.exe.

Here is a KB article with a section for P4Win below:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_vcs

Let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Grimicus
      Visitor
      • Jan 2011

Yes, I followed that article when setting it up. Like I said it used to work fine and only recently changed. Not positive if it has to do with turning off the quick compare. I guess I will turn that back on and see if it goes away.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

I do not think it would be related to the Quick Compare dialog, but it would certainly be good to test if that was changed at about the time the problem began to crop up. Were there any other changes to your system, BC3, or P4win at that time?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Grimicus
          Visitor
          • Jan 2011

well I tried turning it back on, but it didn't make a difference. I'm pretty sure it started happening after the last bc3 update I did. I have the latest as far as I know. from the 'check for updates':

Beyond Compare version 3
          Your installed version is 3.2.3 build 13046.
          Your version is current.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

Do you know which version you were using previously?

Please contact us by email at [email protected] and include a link to this forum post. We can troubleshoot further and provide the installer to an older version to test with.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...