Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Beyond Compare 4 does include the option "Align filenames with different extensions" in the Folder Compare's Session Settings dialog, Comparison tab.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• erode
      New User
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Aaron
      Beyond Compare 4 does include the option "Align filenames with different extensions" in the Folder Compare's Session Settings dialog, Comparison tab.
      It falls short when one of the files has 2 extensions. For example:

filename.wmv <----> filename.wmv.torrent

This option does not apply to this because (I presume) it simply travels backwards until it meets the first dot and then stops. Really, what it should be doing is traveling all the way backward to the last available dot. Then it would handle all cases.

Comment

• chrisjj
        Carpal Tunnel
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by erode
        It falls short when one of the files has 2 extensions. For example:

filename.wmv <----> filename.wmv.torrent
        That second filename has only one extension - "torrent".

Under Windows, each filename has zero or one extensions. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

Originally posted by erode
        This option does not apply to this because (I presume) it simply travels backwards until it meets the first dot and then stops. Really, what it should be doing is traveling all the way backward to the last available dot. Then it would handle all cases.
        I think what it is doing is what it should be doing.

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Because a . can be a valid character in a name, everything after the first . is not technically the extension.

Instead, you can use the BC4 Pro feature Alignment Overrides to define an arbitrary alignment in the Folder Compare's Session menu -> Session Settings, Misc tab: New alignment override.

You can then define (.*)
          to
          $1.torrent
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...