Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Beyond Compare 4 does include the option "Align filenames with different extensions" in the Folder Compare's Session Settings dialog, Comparison tab.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Beyond Compare 4 does include the option "Align filenames with different extensions" in the Folder Compare's Session Settings dialog, Comparison tab.
    It falls short when one of the files has 2 extensions. For example:

filename.wmv <----> filename.wmv.torrent

This option does not apply to this because (I presume) it simply travels backwards until it meets the first dot and then stops. Really, what it should be doing is traveling all the way backward to the last available dot. Then it would handle all cases.

Quote Originally Posted by erode View Post
    It falls short when one of the files has 2 extensions. For example:

filename.wmv <----> filename.wmv.torrent
    That second filename has only one extension - "torrent".

Under Windows, each filename has zero or one extensions. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

Quote Originally Posted by erode View Post
    This option does not apply to this because (I presume) it simply travels backwards until it meets the first dot and then stops. Really, what it should be doing is traveling all the way backward to the last available dot. Then it would handle all cases.
    I think what it is doing is what it should be doing.

Because a . can be a valid character in a name, everything after the first . is not technically the extension.

Instead, you can use the BC4 Pro feature Alignment Overrides to define an arbitrary alignment in the Folder Compare's Session menu -> Session Settings, Misc tab: New alignment override.

You can then define (.*)
    to
    $1.torrent
    Aaron P Scooter Software