X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misi01
    Old Hand
    • Jun 2005

Shifted hex details

The header is possibly a little strange, but if you look at the attached screen captures, I hope you can see what's puzzling me.

In the before capture, there's no doubt about the fact that the EVALUATE TRUE text seems to be aligned in the same columns. At the same time, look at the marked hex details below where one line is shifted one character. In the second capture, I clicked on the green arrow in the hex area to copy the line across. Now the lines are aligned in the hex details, but they AREN'T in the actual file contents.

Is there some simple explanation ??
  • Erik
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hex details shows the raw bytes of lines on each side. The codepage used on each side affects the number of bytes per character.

Aligned details, introduced in 3.2, allows you to see the character alignment.

Regards,
    Erik Scooter Software

Comment

• misi01
      Old Hand
      • Jun 2005

Thanks Erik

I am running 3.2.3 - as you say, aligned details shows the code aligned as expected.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Aligned details shows you how the alignment is working character by character. It is still aligned that way when disabled, this just displays the same information in a slightly different way.

Is everything working well, or do you have any questions about the interface or your alignment still?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• misi01
          Old Hand
          • Jun 2005

Sorry Aaron - slow to get back to you. Everything is working as expected. Thank you for the explanation

Comment

Working...