Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I gave you the wrong link. Please email support@scootersoftware.com with "No Cursor / Linux" in the subject line and we will send you the correct link.

Thanks

David
    David J Scooter Software

I also have no caret in the file-compare window (full-edit mode enabled). I temporarily deleted all my xml settings but that didn't help.

One thing I noticed that was briefly mentioned is I can see the caret in the two-line display at the bottom of the window when focus is in the main part of the window. If I click in the two-line display then that caret disappears and re-appears in the main part. In either case it's not blinking and it's gray instead of the normal black.

Regarding Dave's question: "[...]if you open up a 'find dialog' (Ctrl-F) does the focus automatically shift to the "text to find" edit box?"
    Yes and I have a normal black blinking caret that works fine.

I'll use a debug build if it would help.

BC 3.2.4 build 13298
    Kubuntu 64bit 11.04 (official release)
    ATI Radeon HD 5670 (using open-source "Redwood" driver)

Thanks, Pete.

If you could also email us at support@scootersoftware.com with "No Cursor / Linux" in the subject line, we can get you that debug build as well.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I switched from the open-source video driver ("Redwood") to AMD's proprietary driver and now have a normal blinking caret during text compares.

I know it's not a solution for everyone and David is still investigating the problem.

p.s. I downloaded AMD's driver directly from their website (version 11.5), not with a package manager.
    Last edited by Pete; 27-May-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Default I'm seeing the same issue

Hello,

I'm seeing the same issue: no cursor appears in full edit or text edit mode. Everything else seems to function normally.

I am using Beyond Compare 3.3.12 (build 18414) on Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon. Actually, I also see the same problem in BC4-beta (build 18564).

Hello Nathan,

Thanks for the report. We have some fixes checked in to try and help with this. Which graphics driver are you using? Are you able to email in with "No Cursor / Linux" like directed above?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

This is still a bug in the open-source AMD drivers included with Linux Mint 17.1 64-bit and BC 3.3.13 and 4.0.6.

I repeated the no cursor display in a system with an AMD Radeon HD 2400 XT. I removed the AMD card in the same system, then rebooted it using integrated Intel graphics, and it displayed without issue.

As suggested earlier in this thread, using AMD's proprietary driver might resolve the issue. If you can switch to Intel integrated graphics in your system, I've verified that as working. If you have access to an Nvidia graphics card, Nvidia also tends to have better Linux drivers than AMD.
    Chris K Scooter Software