Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks for the sample files. I played around with them and showed them to a developer. A good configuration we came up with is:

In the Tools menu -> File Formats, make a format for these files, and in the Grammar tab, add a new Line Weight of
    .*
    that is a Regular Expression and a Priority of 5.

Then in your Session Settings, Importance tab, set all three whitespaces to be important, and in the Alignment tab set Skew Tolerance to something very large (30000) and check to Never align differences.

I was able to then load your files for comparison in about 15 seconds. The Line Weight is not necessary, but is a neat trick our developer recommended that will speed up the comparison. Since your files are Dictionaries, if you find a match it will immediately match it without looking any further.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Our Data Compare session type also handles your files well once you set the columns to be fixed and leave the field blank, but runs a sorting algorithm that can take some time, making it a bit slower since your files are already sorted. We'll look into that to see if it can be improved.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Hi Aaron

Thank you for your time. Yes this does work better for me now !

However it does seem a long winded way for a user to have to set up BC to simply compare 2 lists. Could this perhaps be a feature request to make it simpler for a user to do this task in future versions ? Perhaps also some better optimisation for this sort of thing ?

Thanks again and have a happy new year !