X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fnord5
    Visitor
    • Feb 2004

Data Viewer plugin and scripting

I have BC 2.1.1 bld 215 and I'm trying to create a script that will compare two db exports.

The files are comma delimited and I'm trying to use the plug-in to reduce the output to only the differences (modified fields, etc.).

Here is my command line syntax:

%BC% @C:\data\utils\dbversion.txt %olddbver% %newdbver% %test%\DBVersion.html

I'm not sure if I have the correct syntax, but, here is my current BC script (I have multiple report types because I'm trying to find the right type of report to use):

select all
    compare rules-based
    file-report layout:side-by-side layout-options:display-mismatches output-to:%fsltest%\DBVulns-sbs-mismatches.html %olddbvulns% %newdbvulns% output-options:html-color
    file-report layout:side-by-side layout-options:display-context output-to:%fsltest%\DBVulns-sbs-context.html %olddbvulns% %newdbvulns% output-options:html-color
    file-report layoutver-under layout-options:display-mismatches output-to:%fsltest%\DBVulns-ovun-mismatches.html %olddbvulns% %newdbvulns% output-options:html-color
    file-report layoutver-under layout-options:display-context output-to:%fsltest%\DBVulns-sbs-context.html %olddbvulns% %newdbvulns% output-options:html-color

I can't seem to get the output type that I desire. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

John
  • Erik
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Data Viewer plugin and scripting

file-report creates reports like the File Viewer does. Currently, there isn't any command that creates reports like plug-ins do.

FYI, compare rules-based is unnecessary in this script because file-report compares the files using rules when it creates the report. However, you could use it to avoid creating reports for files that match based on rules.

Code:
    select diff.files newer.files older.files
    compare rules-based
    select diff.files newer.files older.files
    file-report layout:side-by-side output-to:printer
    Erik Scooter Software

Comment

Working...