Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Also, you may not need multiple file formats if all of your files are PDF. If you could go into more detail on how you are using the program, and what you would like to ignore, I believe we could setup a single file format for *.PDF, and then use the session settings Importance tab to control what is compared and what is ignored. If you could include screenshots or sample files in your 2nd email, that would be great.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. To clarify, if you open a session, and then go to the Tools menu -> File Formats, you are entering a global settings area. Any changes here will affect the entire program
    Ok. I´m not changing anything in tools -> file formats, just checking if the selected filter has changed according to my session.

Filters (Name Filter and Other Filter, in the Session Settings dialog) are Session Settings, and will save based on the session you are loading or your default session settings when opening a new session.
    So if filter "do" in file format is selected and I load the "fd" session, then the comparison will use the "fd" filter? (when I´ve saved the session according to your previous post of course :-)

What kind of sessions are you using? Folder Compare sessions with file comparisons run as child sessions or are you saving directly as a few different Text Compare sessions.
    Folder comparison.

Looking through our support@scootersoftware.com inbox, I do not see an email from you, and it does not appear it was blocked by our spam security. It may have been blocked on your end; please try sending us an email without an attachment first to see if that can get through. Please include a link back to this forum post in the email so we can link the two cases together.
    That could be in Our end... I´ve send the mail again, this time without an attachment.

Kind regards
    Kim

Also, you may not need multiple file formats if all of your files are PDF. If you could go into more detail on how you are using the program, and what you would like to ignore, I believe we could setup a single file format for *.PDF, and then use the session settings Importance tab to control what is compared and what is ignored.
    I like to know how you do that. I´ve made several file format for the same pdf mask, cause in one document I need to ignore (this is just a thought example):

"BCN\s+\w+-$"
    but that must not be ignored in another document.

If you could include screenshots or sample files in your 2nd email, that would be great.
    Did you ever get the first mail? The response indicate this ("thank you for the files and attachment")
    What kind of screenshots would you like?

Kind regards
    Kim

Hello,

I replied to your email. Your settings look ok; the key is to make sure to double check the Misc tab in the Session Settings when it appears to "not be working". The Misc tab must be setup for that specific session (a new session or different session will behave differently) and it controls which File Format will be used for your PDF files. If you hit this again, please send in a screenshot of the miscompare and of your Misc tab. It may be you are running into something different.
    Aaron P Scooter Software