PVCS and Merge Tool Integration

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

PVCS and Merge Tool Integration

Any thoughts of integrating with pvcs, their merge tool bytes and I enjoy using bc!
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: PVCS and Merge Tool Integration

Anyone else is welcome to chime in, but we don't have any official suggestions. PVCS has apparently been replaced by "Merant Professional", and it looks like a pretty big hassle to get a demo copy, so we haven't checked their third-party diff support.

You might have some luck asking Merant. If they do support third-party diff utilities post it here and I'll add it to our version control page.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• no2nt
      New User
      • Mar 2004

We use PVCS from Merant and I've written a simple app that allows one to use Beyond Compare ('cause it's the best!) for the "Show Differences" menu option. Shoot me a private message if interested.

Comment

• ltcherni
        Visitor
        • Dec 2003

Hi,
        I am in the same situation, using Merant Pro and wanted to change the diff tools with the BC2 one.

Please, don't wait to post, what is your solution.
        Laurent,

Comment

• Zoë
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

We've just added PVCS instructions on our version control page. It uses a user-contributed program that replaces the standard pvcsmerge.exe with one that calls BC2. It includes the C++ source in case anyone needs it.

We haven't tested it internally, so if you have trouble with it or have any fixes/enhancements, either post them here or send an email to [email protected].

no2nt: If your program does anything differently/better we'd be happy to add it to our page too.
          Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...