X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ds Consult
    New User
    • Sep 2010

display-right-newer not working

I am evaluating BC3 for one of the projects. I tried to compare to two folders using script and generate reports. I wanted 5 reports and I hoped the keywords would work. This is the script that I am using.

These 3 display-right-newer-orphans, display-left-newer-orphans and display-mismatches-no-orphans work. When I mean work, it matches with the UI results.

These 2 display-right-newer and display-left-newer do NOT work. When I mean does not work, UI shows correctly the files changed only in the right side but the script returns 0 matches. Same thing for the left side too.

Please help!

criteria binary
    load "C:\Workspace\sandboxA" "C:\Workspace\sandboxB"
    select all
    expand all
    filter "-*.metadata\"
    #Set 2 right orphan
    folder-report layout:summary options:display-right-newer-orphans,column-none output-to:"C:\Workspace\Scripts\bc_scr_report_rno.txt"
    #Set 3 right new
    folder-report layout:summary options:display-right-newer output-to:"C:\Workspace\Scripts\bc_scr_report_rn.txt"
    #Set 4 left orphan
    folder-report layout:summary options:display-left-newer-orphans,column-none output-to:"C:\Workspace\Scripts\bc_scr_report_lno.txt"
    #Set 5 left new
    folder-report layout:summary options:display-left-newer,column-none output-to:"C:\Workspace\Scripts\bc_scr_report_ln.txt"
    #Set 6 mismatches i.e. merge conflicts
    folder-report layout:summary options:display-mismatches-no-orphans,column-none output-to:"C:\Workspace\Scripts\bc_scr_report_mism.txt"
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

It looks like you set the criteria to be only binary instead of timestamp and size, or timestamp and binary. In the graphical interface, you probably have timestamp enabled in addition to a binary scan. The newer attribute looks for a timestamp comparison to pick out and show files; without a timestamp it considers the files "Different" rather than "Newer"

If you set criteria to
    criteria timestamp binary

How does that work for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...