Expert
      • Oct 2007

That's definitely better!

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
        Carpal Tunnel
        • Oct 2007

I disagree.

There is a lot of obsolete content in the WordPress discussions. Perhaps if updated articles (minus the discussion) were made available as links under the "About BC3" page, that would be useful to give new users a more rounded feel of how BC3 is different from BC2. But I don't think we would want to intentionally send new users to the WordPress discussions to dig through and rehash functionality that has already been decided upon.

If forum members had discussions in WordPress that have not been appropriately addressed, then they can be referenced and re-addressed in vbulletin. We just need an easy way to get there to find our old posts...and a Quick Link provides that. Advertising the old discussions in the header distracts the beta community by urging them to focus on obsolete content rather than focussing on the current functionality of the product and carrying it forward.
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• Marjolein Katsma
          Expert
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Michael Bulgrien
          There is a lot of obsolete content in the WordPress discussions. Perhaps if updated articles (minus the discussion) were made available as links under the "About BC3" page, that would be useful to give new users a more rounded feel of how BC3 is different from BC2. But I don't think we would want to intentionally send new users to the WordPress discussions to dig through and rehash functionality that has already been decided upon.
          But the discussions would give new users an idea of how and why such decisions were reached - I'd rather think that would avoid them rehashing discussions they otherwise can't see have taken place.

I think it's always useful to record (and preserve) why decisions have been taken, not just that they have been taken.

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
            Carpal Tunnel
            • Oct 2007

It is preserved. Just not blatantly advertised.
            BC v4.0.7 build 19761
            ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

Working...