• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

Pinned New Session Button Panel

Originally posted by Michael Bulgrien
    have you considered Visual Studio's dockable controls that can be pinned open
    On second thought, I think that perhaps it is the button panel that could be expanded or collapsed. If someone is using the session tree, they could collapse the new session button panel to give the session tree more real estate.

See mockup's below

P.S. In the mockup, I used Microsoft Smartphone font: nina.ttf
    Last edited by Michael Bulgrien; 19-Dec-2007, 11:54 AM.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Oct 2007

Tim (Scooter)

The images are not showing in my last post. Could you look into it please? In the mean time, here are some hyperlinks:

Pinned
      Unpinned
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Michael,

The reason they aren't showing is because the slashes in your URLs are backwards.

If you change the \ slashes to a / instead, it should work.

Pinned:

Unpinned:
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Chris
          The reason they aren't showing is because the slashes in your URLs are backwards.
          Oops! Can't believe that one slipped by. I pasted the links in IE and it opened them just fine...so I didn't realize I had mis-keyed the slashes.
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Tom
            Expert
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Michael Bulgrien
            I pasted the links in IE and it opened them just fine...so I didn't realize I had mis-keyed the slashes.
            IE's pretty forgiving -- that's both good and bad, because it can teach newbies bad habits. (I know you're not a newbie, FWIW, Michael.)

The collapsible or dockable button bar is a neat approach -- it does give more room to the details panel and the treeview -- but maybe there's a way to see more of the dir tree when the buttons are visible too. It just "feels" cramped since the first two levels of nesting are often descriptive, meaning the actual items of interest are often indented a couple times already.

I know it's a lot more work to simulate a treeview, so if that's the only reason you didn't depict it as being wider that's not a problem.

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
              Carpal Tunnel
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Tom
              maybe there's a way to see more of the dir tree when the buttons are visible too.
              My mockup was intended to show what difference a collapsable button pad could make in a minimally sized window. The way to see more of the dir tree when the buttons are visible is for the user to use a bigger window, or for the Scooter team to redesign how the tabbed control works.
              BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Working...