X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

Home Screen (Auto-saved sessions)

I just installed the beta. The first thing I noticed when I launched BC was the expanded "Auto-saved sessions" node in the Saved sessions tree.

Did something changed with this beta release? Please, I never want my auto-saved sessions to be expanded when I launch BC.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

The behavior shouldn't have changed. The initially selected session is always the most recently used one; if that happens to be an auto-saved one that's what's selected.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Erik
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Also, you should make sure you're still using the "Sticky session selection" tweak.
      Erik Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
        Carpal Tunnel
        • Oct 2007

I'm sure I've suggested it before. If it is not on the infamous customer wish list yet, please add a request for a configurable option to NEVER auto-expand the auto-saved sessions... even if the last session opened was an auto-saved session.
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Tim
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hi Michael,

We implemented the tweak that Erik mentioned in response to your suggestion back whenever. When enabled, the auto-saved sessions tree should never be expanded, unless you had explicitly opened it and selected a session the last time you ran BC.

It sounds like you had found that compromise behaviour suitable, up until installing the beta (with default settings I assume). I'm hoping that that's the case, as I'd rather not change it further.
          Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
            Carpal Tunnel
            • Oct 2007

Okay, I'll stop ranting about it. It is not that often that I see the auto-saved sessions expanded... so the compromise must be working fairly well. Whenever it does happen, though, it always irks me to no end. I almost always have a huge auto-saved sessions list...so when it is expanded, it dominates the home screen and pushes the useful saved sessions off the bottom of the window.
            BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Working...