X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisjj
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Aaron
    If you have an already saved Text Compare session, or a Folder Compare that has specific child comparison settings set, then you may need to change it there as well.
    Thanks Aaron, but I have far too many saved sessions to manually search, and far too many projects using them that cannot tolerate interference by such an abuse of the File Format grammar to handle what is just a comparison setting requirement for the current session.

Obviously Replacement Item is the appropriate solution for this requirement. Please pass on my wish that the null text case be fixed. Thanks.

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

But Text Replacements are saved and stored the same way. You would still need to either save an existing session or set it as a default for future sessions.

Update: I've added a wishlist entry to handle propagation of settings to already saved sessions.
      Last edited by Aaron; 17-Jun-2010, 01:04 PM. Reason: updated
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
        Carpal Tunnel
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by chrisjj
        Please pass on my wish that the null text case be fixed.
        Chris, there is nothing to fix because replacements are working as designed. You certainly can suggest a new enhancement... but, if I am not mistaken, supporting null replacements would not be a trivial change and would require a redesign of the replacements algorithm as a whole. Whether you want to use a grammar rule or not...it is possible to do what you want with a grammar rule. Enhancement requests for functionality that can already be done using another work-around method are not likely to get very high on the priority list.
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• chrisjj
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Apr 2008

> Chris, there is nothing to fix because replacements are working as designed.

Design can be fixed too, y'now.

Comment

• chrisjj
            Carpal Tunnel
            • Apr 2008

> But Text Replacements are saved and stored the same way.

I really hope that text replacements are not stored the same way since they too would then cause intereference to other sessions. And the ywould not be Session Sessings as the BC UI claims them to be.

Certainly text replacements, unlike grammar elements, are not seen by me on the File Format dialogs.

> Update: I've added a wishlist entry to handle propagation of settings to already saved sessions.

What I need at least innthe case of using a grammar element for workaround is NON-propagation to existing sessions.

I would also feel unconfortable with a scope that was specifically "already saved sessions" e.g. those changes would get lost upon the subsequent save of an an open modified session.

Comment

Working...