Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hello,

Could you double check the title bar if you are in the "Session Settings - Folder Sync" or "Session Settings - Folder Compare"? The Folder Sync session has this option, but the Folder Compare relies on the Folder View options (Always Show Folders, or Compare Files and Folder Structure) if the folder is still visible in the view for if it is included in the sync.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Thansk for getting back, below is what I'm looking at. I wasn't even aware of Folder Sync and up until now I've always used folder compare to successfully sync folders, so surely there is huge overlap between the two session types. What's the advantage of Folder Sync? I'm only a light user and I haven't explored all the features but I'll definitely look into folder sync.

I use folder compare is because I've set up a couple of hotkeys using AutoHotkey to select the left file/folder, and another one to select the right file/folder and open BC4 directly. This is much quicker than using shell menus and allows me to run BC4 portably.

Now, the help file says:

Mirror to Right: Replaces all different items on right, deletes any right-side orphans, and copies any left-side orphans to the right
    So are orphans deleted or not? The fact that people come here asking why their orphans are not getting deleted surely indicates there's perhaps something counter-intuitive about the way this all works at the moment.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Scoox; 24-Aug-2018 at 07:15 PM.

The Folder Sync is a streamlined interface that only supports syncing. It is less powerful than the Folder Compare.

When using the Folder Compare to Actions > Synchronize > Mirror to Right, orphan files and folders on the right should be deleted. In the confirmation dialog for Synchronize, it might help to uncheck Just Selection.

If you do need to use Just Selection when syncing, make sure the left and right side are both selected. If Just Selection is checked and the right side isn't selected, right orphans will not be deleted.
    Chris K Scooter Software