Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So when using either of the /favor switches, the difference is only visual? The difference is only that "Non-conflicting changes from "favored" side are drawn without coloring or section lines in the merge output . . . "?

If that's the only difference, then there already is a toggle for this behavior and I (inadvertently) have said "no I don't want you to show me these non-conflicting changes". Is this this case?

Please clarify.

Graphically, the toggles are located under the View menu. You can toggle on or off (default off): Favor Left or Favor Right. This hides the color on that side in the output, since it assumes you don't want to review it, because you favor it (and there was no conflict stopping you from taking it automatically).

By providing the /FavorRight command on the command line, you are toggling this option on.

Side Note: The difference is not only visual, but mostly visual. If you have a Conflict, normally the user must resolve it. If this conflict is made up entire of Unimportant differences (blue), then the FavorRight command will take the right side. If there is any red, however, it will remain a conflict and need to be resolved manually.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Try turning the option off (not using /favorright) and using the default behavior. Does that behave as you expect?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

You explanations have been very helpful and I now fully understand what the /favor switches do.

For me, I will be just fine by not specifying any /favor and simple going with the default (even if that means more conflicts). And thanks for pointing out those toggle options on the View menu. I'm so used to using the toolbar button and right-mouse context support that I rarely even use the menus.

Bottom line: BC3 is/was doing exactly what it's supposed to do and the user has full control over the /favor options from the View menu. Therefore, I have everything I need at my disposal and will simply drop my usage of /favorright.

Thanks for you help and patient explanations.

--Dave Novak