• Show
Clear All
  • andreacfm
    Visitor
    • Jan 2010

very unstable

Hi,

I am using bcompare on ubuntu 9.10.
    Any time I do a 'refresh selection' and I try to make a copy to right programme crash.

Any suggestion?
    I have tried to download latest build but it says that is downloading on desktop .... but is not .... no files is copied to desktop ... so where is the update file really downloaded ?

Thanks

Andrea
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

It should download to the Desktop. If not, you can download the latest version from our website, here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php

Could you email a copy of your Support package (Help menu -> Support; Export) and a link to this forum post to [email protected] ? We can then use your settings to test your workflow.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• andreacfm
      Visitor
      • Jan 2010

I have send support zip by email.

Thanks

Andrea

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

We received an email with settings which I believe is yours (but does not have a link back to this forum post).

I used the support settings with an ubuntu 9.10 vm, but I'm not encountering the instability you are running into. I've got a couple simply test cases where I have a local folder with some files. I then edit the text files outside of BC3, run Refresh Selected on them, and then copy them to a local or FTP location.

I notice that many of your sessions are FTP based. Can you reproduce the error using a local to local folder test? Or is it limited to a series of steps performed against an FTP server? How many connections are currently configured for the server (Tools menu -> FTP Profiles, Connections tab)? Try setting that to 1 to see if that helps.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...