Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Once again, rebooting to the rescue. Any suggestions?

Windows 7
    64 bit
    Network drive
    Connected with NetworkDriveManager

This error is usually due to the network drive not being available at the time the script is attempted. Failing to load a base folder is a fatal error, and BC3 scripting immediately exists.

How often does your script run and how often do you run into this error? Are you bound to a drive letter or accessing the network path directly with \\computername\folder? If using the network path, are you using the \\computername\folder or \\ipaddress\folder? Sometimes, the IP Address is a more stable method of connection, as long as it is not changing. Would this be an option for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

I thought I replied but it has not shown up. Is there a delay? Moderator?

Our forum only requires moderation of the first post for new accounts. Your posts shouldn't require moderator approval, so the last post we can see in the forum is the "rebooting to the rescue" post marked 10:43 AM yesterday.
    Chris K Scooter Software

This only happens when I first create the script. Once it is working it is rock solid.

There are three drives involved:
    The source drive, local.
    The target drive, network S:
    The script drive, network N:

Since the script runs but can't complete I'm assuming that the problem is with the target S: drive. This is generally a new drive, recently defined but connected with NDM.

The session invoked by the script will run just fine outside of the script. The curious thing is: why does rebooting fix it?

This is not a big deal for me just annoying. It happens just often enough that I can't remember from last time what I did.

Great product, extremely useful in many ways. THANKS.. Bob

Hello,

Did you get a chance to try accessing it via \\network\ path and \\ipaddress\ instead of bound Drive Letter s:?

Drive letter mapping is not as consistent; your particular setup may have a script that triggers and binds the drive letters during boot up (where, a reboot would then help by re-triggering this if the initial binding didn't work.) When you find that the S: does not connect in script, are you able to browse it with My Computer or Windows Explorer before rebooting?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Sorry, it only seems to happen when I add a new drive. I'll try it if it happens again. NetworkDriveManager reconnects about every ten minutes or so, would seem to take care of it but...

"When you find that the S: does not connect in script, are you able to browse it with My Computer or Windows Explorer before rebooting?"

Yes. Not only that, I can run BC3 with that drive with no problems.

Thanks... Bob