X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mviens
    Visitor
    • Dec 2009

Unable to select folders for compare

I have a newly formatted system (about 3 weeks ago) with WinXP SP3. For regular folders, I can select each folder individually just fine (Select Left, then Compare To). However, if the folders are under control of Subversion, this does not work. Nothing happens. I get the option for selecting the left side, but it does not seem to do anything, because when I right-click another folder, I still only get the option for selecting the left side.

Further, if I select two folders controlled by SVN in the same location and right click, I get the "Compare" option and it works fine. If I try to select two folders in the same location, but one at a time using the right-click option, I only get the option for selecting the left side. It does work properly for two folders that are NOT controlled by SVN.

I have scoured my registry settings for some anomaly (even comparing to a second system) and have found nothing unusual. I am using BC 3.1.8.

Please help! See attached screen shots for it working on normal folders and it not working on SVN controlled folders.

Mike V.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

It looks like you have have a shell extension conflict. This may be related to SVN (are you using the latest SVN?) or may be related to another shell extension. I notice in your screenshots you do not have the standard windows Explore or Open options, either. Normally these would be present. What type of drive/device is your SVN folder located on?

You can download a tool, such as ShellExView, which allows you to enable or disable shell extensions. I would recommend going through and disabling all of the non-windows shell extensions (Except BC3's CirrusShell) to see if that clears up the problem. Then re-enable them one by one to determine where the conflict is.

You can download ShellExView here:
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
    **Note: This is not a Scooter Software product, and is not supported by Scooter Software.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• mviens
      Visitor
      • Dec 2009

Thank you for the suggestion OF ShellExView, I will try that soon as I have some time.

I am using the latest version of TortoiseSVN (1.6.6.17493).

Mike V.

Comment

• mviens
        Visitor
        • Dec 2009

Aaron,

I was able to get BC working again by disabling everything that was not a Microsoft extension. I wen back and re-enabled several extensions. Below is a list of extensions I left disabled, in case anyone in the future stumbles across this thread. I just did not feel the need to refine the list any further to find the exact conflict.

Extensions left as disabled
        Code:
        [FONT="Courier New"]
        UnlockerShellExtension        - C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerCOM.dll
        WinSCP Shell Extension        - C:\Program Files\WinSCP\DragExt.dll
        PDF Shell Extension           - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\PDFShell.dll
        Adobe PDF Link Helper         - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
        SSVHelper Class               - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_13\bin\ssv.dll
        Display Panning CPL Extension - C:\WINDOWS\system32\deskpan.dll
        Synaptics Control Panel       - C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPCpl.dll
        [/FONT]
        Mike V.

Comment

Working...