X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcc
    Visitor
    • Nov 2009

How to select "Left is source" in script

I have a script for BC 2 that will create a file-report. If I use this same script in BC3, I do not see the strike-through marks on old text when using the composite layout (now interleaved). Looking at the Text Compare Report, I see the "Left is source" option for Interleaved layouts. I cannot find this option in scripting. Does it exist?

Thank you,
    jcc
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The Left is Source option available is available in the graphical interface. If you set this option, does the generated report in the graphical interface meet you needs?

In script, you will need to use the over-under report type if that is the case.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hello,

Correction: This should be the other way around. over-under should not have the strike out, and composite will have the strike out. We will be investigating this and implementing it in a future version of BC3. For the time being, you can use the over-under report type in scripting until we release the fix.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jcc
        Visitor
        • Nov 2009

Aaron,

I have tried over-under and composite and get the same results in BC3. The help files say over-under and composite are deprecated and replaced with interleaved. I have tried all three layouts and get the same results. I am looking for the strike out as was default in BC2. Are you saying there is currently no way to generate a text-report with strike out from a script?

jcc

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

No.

In the current release (3.1.7), the folder-report layoutver-under should show strike out for orphan lines like BC2. However, this is in error: over-under should not have the strike out and it should be the layout:composite that uses the strike out. This will be changed in either the next release (3.1.8) or the one after.

First, are you able to get the strike out to appear as you want in the graphical interface? We need to verify this before we are able to troubleshoot your script; script actions mirror actions that are taken with the default settings in the graphical interface.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• jcc
            Visitor
            • Nov 2009

Aaron,

I re-ran my app with the changes you suggested. I found that I had changed one occurrence of composite to over-under and not the second occurrence. With the correct change to over-under, I get the results that I want just as you said. Thank you for the answer. Sorry for the confusion. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you,
            jcc

Comment

• Aaron
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Hello jcc,

Just remember, we'll be changing that since your inquiry lead us to find the issue with the two reports.

I'll also be opening a tracker entry to add reporting options to the 3rd report, to make this easier in the future.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...