Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Michael, I don't have an importance tab - see screenshot:

http://screencast.com/t/MzdkMWI2YzI

cheers, Ben

Your screen shot says: Folder Compare - Session Settings
    My post said to open the Text Compare - Session Settings

Open a pair of text files from your folder compare then make the change in your text compare session settings. Before clicking OK, use the dropdown to define the context of your change. For example:

• Use for all files within parent session, or
    • Update session defaults
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Hello Ben,

In addition to Michael's comments:
    many of our Menus and Options are context sensitive. If you go to the Session Settings within an MP3 Compare, you will see the MP3 Compare Session Settings. This is true of Folder and Text Compare sessions as well.

The dropdown Michael refers to is in the lower left corner of the Session Settings dialog. If will always allow to "also update session defaults". If you launch a child Text compare session from within a parent compare session (by double clicking on a pair of files within a folder compare), then you will also see the option to update all files in the parent session. If you then re-save the parent Folder Compare session, you will have those settings set.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Hi guys, Michael's comments got me to the right place - I opened a text file compare and found the Importance tab in the Session Settings there - many thanks for the help

Ben