• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harkman
    Visitor
    • Sep 2009

Set local file timestamp to remote value

Hello,

If I sync to standard FTP site the server will set the timestamp to the current time on upload. This will lead to the situation that BC shows the files I uploaded as changed files on the remote site.

Please can you implement an option that will enable BC to set the timestamp of the local file to the value of the remote file after a upload. This is important for people that have to use FTP servers, not supporting the MDTM command.
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

BC3 already has this feature. In the Folder Compare, select "Session > Session Settings". Go to the "Handling" tab. Check "Touch local files when copying to an FTP site".
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• harkman
      Visitor
      • Sep 2009

Thanks, I found this option some minutes after posting

I have another request.

Does BC use the MDTM command to calculate the time offset of remote and local machine?

I'm asking because the filetimes of uploaded files are set to a totally wrong time. there is a huge time-offset. Would be great if BC could compute the offset like FlashFXP does.

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Harkman,

BC tries to detect the timezone of the remote server. If the detection isn't working, you can manually set the timezone for the server in the General tab of "Tools > FTP Profiles".

Timestamp behavior varies depending on the FTP server software being used. If setting the timezone manually doesn't solve the problem, please let us know what FTP server software is running on the server you are having trouble with.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• harkman
          Visitor
          • Sep 2009

Code:
          [02:45:52] Calculating timezone offset of server...
          [02:45:52] MDTM haendler.html
          [02:45:52] 213 20090831185214
          [02:45:52] Timezone offsets: Server: -14 seconds. Local: 7200 seconds. Difference: 7214 seconds.
          This is what flashfxp does on a server I use.
          FlashFXP will calculate the right time offset. BC3 will not.

It is good to know that I can set the offset manually, but I'd prefer if BC would calculate it itself. If FlashFXP can do this I hope BC will do it too, some day

Please understand this post as a feature request.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Do you know the name and version of the Server software you are running? That way we can try to install it in office and reproduce the issue.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• harkman
              Visitor
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Aaron
              Do you know the name and version of the Server software you are running? That way we can try to install it in office and reproduce the issue.
              No, sorry. The server is on a shared hosting account and well secured. Most site commands are locked down and the server does not tell anything about himself.

One thing I can do is using a commandline client and send you the output of some commands. If that would be of any help tell me the commands you need the output of.

Comment

• Aaron
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Would you be able to turn on any debugging information in the FlashFXP log and send a full log from connection to error? You can email it to [email protected]

Please include a link back to this forum post.

Then please include a log from BC3 attempting the same connection/steps. Enable debug logging in BC3 by going to the Tweaks menu (Ctrl+Shift+T), Folder Views tab, check Include debug information in log.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...