• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PResin
    Visitor
    • Sep 2009

BC3 Excel versions comparison - Clearcase

Hi,

Apparently my first thread disappeared...

I have used the method described at:http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...?zz=kb_vcs.php to use BC3 when comparing versions of files with clearcase.

My problem is that it still apparently doesn't use BC3 to compare excel files and I would like to know if there is a line in the "map" file I could change to associate excel file comparisons on clearcase to BC3.

Hoping that:
    - this time my thread will be posted
    - anyone could help me

Bybyes and thanks
  • Lutz
    Veteran
    • Oct 2007

Hello!

Assuming that Excel-Files are ClearCase-elements of type binary_delta you have to change the line "binary_delta xcompare ..." to "binary_delta xcompare ...\BComp.exe".

Note:
    1st) The x... methods are for using from the GUI, the others are for using from the command line.
    2nd) You may add a new method for using BC3 before the existing rules, because CC analyses the map-file line per line and you have the built-in methods present for testing purposes. Changing the sequence of lines will select different methods for processing an element type.
    3rd) BC3 is able to recognize the applicable rule for the comparision even from version extended names (i. e. ...xls@@\main\...) and will detect an Excel-File in your case. So it should not be neccessary to create a new element type for Excel-files.

Greetings Lutz

Comment

Working...